Reasons To Renovate Instead Of Moving
1. Add value to your existing propertyThe best way to add value or equity to your home is to conduct a bathroom or kitchen renovation. Make a few changes and update your home so that it will pay off down the track if you do decide to sell.
2. Create your own happiness from floor to ceilingIs the current state of your house making you feel sad? Will renovating bring satisfaction to you and your family? Most probably! Therefore, think about creating more comfort and ‘happiness’ in your current home.
3. Improve the space and functionality of your homeAnother baby on the way? Granny moving in? The dogs need their own space? Is your family getting bigger and your house getting smaller? Perhaps you need to improve on your storage or your house is a bit dated? Maybe your roof is leaking and needs attention. Whether you have an unused indoor or outdoor area that you wish to transform into extra space or whether you are keeping your home in good repair, both are an important part of home ownership. Making improvements to how well your home works is a great reason to renovate and will help to prolong the life of your home.
4. Jump on the Green campaignDo you want to reduce your human footprint? Do you want to help reduce your impact on the environment? Changing windows to double glazed, installing insulation or solar panels are home improvements that can also reduce your energy bills. Have a look at the sustainable houses in your area for more ideas by clicking on the following link: Sustainable Homes
5. Update your styleA 1950s home is very different to a Millennial home. Updating your home can either be a necessity or maybe you’re simply following a new trend. Does watching ‘The Block’ come to mind? You might consider a minor face-lift like changing the wallpaper and carpets or a major renovation like replacing your whole bathroom and/or kitchen. Regardless of your plans, stick to ageless styles so you won’t need to renew every few years. So, have we helped you make up your mind to renovate rather than move? Then contact us at Perway Construction Services and we can help you with your further enquiries.
Andy is the Director and Registered Builder for Perway Construction Services. He commenced his career in the construction industry almost 20 years ago as a Carpenter. He offers clients his specialized advice and knowledge on their project, what’s best for their long term return on investment and how to achieve their home renovation dreams. He leads his team of tradespeople to complete successful, quality home renovations.