From creating storage solutions to maximise space, making it aesthetically pleasing, or updating appliances and fixtures can go a long way to increase efficiency and functionality of your laundry room.
Why Renovate Your Laundry Room
Some key elements to consider are installing shelves, or cupboards for storage, adding a hanging rod, or a countertop surface with cabinets below to store detergent and other items.
A laundry renovation can make the room more inviting and visually pleasing. The modern look of a renovated laundry room can give your home a chic and stylish appeal and make doing laundry a more enjoyable task.
Updating the appliances and other fixtures to modern energy-efficient options will result in savings on utility bills. Additionally, modernising the space can add value to your home, increasing its resale value.
Choosing a Laundry Design Style for Renovation
Your preference on your design style will determine which materials, appliances and fixtures you will choose and also help with budget calculations.
A traditional style laundry room typically features classic design elements that evoke a timeless, country style. These rooms often feature white walls and floors, with a mix of light wood tones and accents. Cabinets, shelves, and cubbies give you plenty of storage options, while a large sink and counter provide a space for cleaning and folding items.
Or opt for a contemporary style that is versatile and stylish. Colour palettes of light neutrals and bright accents help give your space a modern look. Utilise sleek cabinet styles with plenty of drawers and shelves for storage. Add a stainless steel or white washer and dryer to complete the look. Consider incorporating bold wall art and tile to make the room pop.
Planning Your Laundry Renovation
- Consider the most durable materials for your budget: Flooring, walls, and countertops should be waterproof and easy to clean.
- Choose a colour scheme: Colours like white, cream, and grey are popular choices for laundry rooms.
- Select storage solutions: Cabinets and shelves are essential for storing detergents and other supplies.
- Invest in quality appliances: Select energy-efficient models that are designed to last.
- Install adequate ventilation: A properly ventilated laundry room will help minimise moisture and keep your space smelling fresh.
- Invest in smart technology: Look into laundry room electronics such as washer-dryer organisers.
Layout and Measurements
Proper layout and measurements can help ensure that all necessary equipment is properly spaced and that the room works as efficiently as possible. Proper measurements also allow for more accurate estimates of materials and labour costs. Getting your measurements right can help avoid problems with plumbing, ventilation, and other common construction issues and will ensure a design that is aesthetically pleasing and functional.
Get in touch with our professional team at Perway Construction Services if you require renovation of your laundry room. Contact us via phone or our contact form to discuss our process and see if we can help you achieve your renovation goals and dreams.