6 Surprising Benefits of Granny Flats and Premium Pods
Granny flats like Perway’s Premium Pods have never been more popular in Australia. These mini homes are revolutionising the way we live, and the benefits they offer are incredibly varied.
1. Cost EffectivenessOne of the most popular reasons people build granny flats and premium pods is to save money. First of all, the simple fact that a Premium Pod doesn’t interact with your main building makes it more affordable when compared to a home extension (either outwards or upwards). You’re not having to contend with structural changes to your home (or any nasty surprises) which immediately reduces the cost. Secondly, the cost of raw materials is usually lower than for a traditional extension: for example, the sustainable timber construction of our Premium Pods.
2. Space SavingA smaller dwelling provides an additional habitable space without taking away from your main house. This means you can keep family members close, while still retaining a sense of privacy and independence. Whether you're looking for a guest bedroom, office, or just want to create some extra living space – a granny flat or Premium Pod can be the perfect solution.
3. Benefits for Families with Elderly ParentsAs your parents age, they often need increased levels of care and attention. Building a separate dwelling can give them the independence they need, while still having them close if they need assistance. It also eliminates the time to travel back and forth to visit ageing parents.
4. Short or Long-Term Investment OpportunityA granny flat offers a great rental opportunity for several reasons.
- It typically requires less maintenance than a full size property.
- You can rent out a granny flat while still staying in your own home.
- You can rent it out for shorter periods of time, such as vacation rentals.
- It can produce a passive income from long-term rentals.